Dunstan Old Horse – formulated to meet the unique nutritional requirements of the old horse. The ageing process results in ‘wear’ of the horse’s digestive system. Feeding a highly digestible feed which contains ingredients that can help support digestive function and the natural reduction in efficiencies will assist in maintaining the good health of your loyal equine companion.
- Quality high-fibre and low-GI ingredients (Soya Hulls, Lucerne Meal, Sugarbeet) to produce a low-GI feed ideal for older horses at increased risk of metabolic disorders.
- An elevated protein level from quality protein sources to assist with any reduction in protein digestion due to age.
- Elevated inclusion levels of Natural Vitamin E to support immune function in the older horse.
- Additional Vitamin C to support the older horse where synthesis of Vitamin C may be compromised.
- High-fibre inclusion to assist digestion and contribute to daily fibre requirements.
- The live yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which aids digestion, particularly of Phosphorus, which may be impaired in the older horse. In addition, it will assist in maintaining a more optimal hindgut pH, therefore contributing to overall health of the intestinal ecosystem of the older horse.
- The live yeast CitriStim® MOS (Pichia guilliermondii) to help support the horse’s natural immune system and boost the natural defences of the horse against health challenges. It is also beneficial in the management of mycotoxins.
- A Calcium level and a Calcium:Phosphorus ratio appropriate for the unique requirements of the older horse.